How To Update Your Google Business For COVID – Health & Safety Attributes
We’re now living in a time when we have to get used to the rapid changes and spreading of COVID-19. Therefore, updating your business description and informing customers what you’re doing is critical. Let’s learn about COVID posts and how you can update your Google business for COVID.
In This Article:
COVID Posts and Business Impact
Since the pandemic began in 2019, a lot of things have changed. Many businesses have closed down because they can’t sustain their revenue, and many others have digitized their business to survive. That’s why the digital market has been accelerating at an astonishing pace.
Google My Business has recently introduced specific COVID posts appearing at the top of your business description in local search. This offers a whole new way to ensure that your clients/customers are up to date with what your business is currently doing related to the coronavirus pandemic.
How to Update Google Business for COVID Posts
Staying connected with your customers is so crucial for any business owners who are struggling to sustain their business. As small and medium businesses are planning to reopen, people are likely to go online first for the information about your services and products that you offer.
This means that it’s critical for them to get the most up-to-date information about changes in products and services availability, opening times, and safety regulations. And your GMB pages are the primary way for people to get their information. Besides, no one wants to waste their time these days turning up to a closed restaurant or store.
Steps to Update Your Business Description for COVID Post:
- Step 1: Sign in with your GMB and go to the home page.
- Step 2: On the left-hand side, click on the “Post” tab, where you can choose to add COVID post, offer, update, event, or product.
- Step 3: Press “COVID-19 update” → a window will show up
- Step 4: Write your post in the “update your status” box.
- Step 5: In case you want to add a call to action button, there is an option for that too. You can choose from a book, order online, sign up, call now, or learn more while embedding your link in the box below.
- Step 6: You can check your post by pressing “preview,” and once you make sure everything is good to go → press “Publish.”
Sometimes updates to your Google My Business listing can take up to three weeks to show up live on search results.
For more detail, watch this video Covid-19 Posts
Change Your Health and Safety Attributes
Due to the demand for health and safety policy, Google has just added a set of new “health & safety” business attributes relating to the COVID-19. As there are plenty of people still hesitant and on alert about going to stores, shops, or restaurants, these new attributes can solve many problems.
The healthy & safety attributes include: masks required, staff gets temperature checks, appointment required, etc. And here are the steps to help you update them.
- Step 1: Go to the GMB homepage and login into your account.
- Step 2: On the left side of the page, click on the “info” tab.
- Step 3: Scroll down until you find the “highlight” section → Click on the “pencil” icon next to it.
- Step 4: You will see many different attributes → scroll down, and you will see the health & safety section → Select the one(s) you’re using for your business.
- Step 5: Click “Apply” when you’re done.
For more detail, watch this video
Keep in mind it’s the little things that count; that’s why letting your customers be well-informed about your business is the most important task you can do right now. The more information you have in your business description, the more traffic you will gain.
Optimizing your website and gaining more traffic is bothering you? Why not let Locl help you solve all of your problems! We can get your business optimized on Google My Business and Google Maps while you can focus on expanding your brand name and building your image. Sign up for free! Contact us NOW!