How to Drive Traffic and Sales With Offline Media in 4 Easy Steps
Nowadays, before landing at purchasing decisions, consumer interactions travel through an omnichannel marketing experience, including online and offline media. While the great divide between online and offline media scares many marketers away, it isn’t nearly as challenging as the urban legend. Check out these steps to drive traffic and sales with offline media!
In this article:
- What is Offline Media Optimization?
- The Oversaturation of Omnichannel Marketing Experience
- Core Capabilities for Offline Media Optimization
- 4 Steps to Drive Traffic and Sales With Offline Media
Offline Media Optimization to Drive Traffic and Sales:
What is Offline Media Optimization?
Offline Media Optimization is a process of collecting, analyzing, and matching data across the marketing mix to offline channels. The aligned data helps marketers evaluate how their offline media and touchpoints engage and drive consumers to conversion.
Definition: Touchpoints are ways that prospective customers and current customers can interact with a brand, including:
- Through websites, mobile apps
- Other forms of communication
These touchpoints help customers re-evaluate their prior perceptions towards a given brand and form a new opinion. In marketing communications, touchpoints’ definition goes the opposite way - touchpoints are how a business interacts and displays information to consumers.
The Oversaturation of Omnichannel Marketing Experience
Nowadays, before landing at purchasing decisions, consumer interactions travel through an omnichannel marketing experience. However, this omnichannel landscape has become oversaturated. Fact: Americans experience around 4,000 to 10,000 marketing messages a day.
The oversaturation of options spoils consumers, which in turn forces marketers to deliver the consumers’ familiar experience - an omnichannel experience accommodating both online and offline media.
Core Capabilities to Optimize Offline Media
A Variety of Complex Datasets
It’s important to gain insights into the performance of touchpoints. With that said, marketers need to collect complex datasets along the customer journey, including:
- Brand Authority Measurements
- Consumer Trends
- Subscriber Lists (location-based)
- Creative Messaging
- Engagement Metrics
Real-Time Measurements, Data Analytics & Models
- Real-time Measurements: To follow up consumer trends and external factors, marketers need to enact real-time marketing measurements (generated in-campaign), thus identifying and seizing optimization opportunities the moment they arise.
- Analytics: Data alone doesn’t lead to optimization—insights derived from that data do. Without a modern analytics platform to organize and distill data into accurate and real-time insights, marketers will lose their chance to optimize their offline media.
- Measurement Models: These algorithms dictate the way an analytics platform generates insights needed for optimization.
The domino effect of measurement models, data analytics, and real-time metrics: Inaccurate measurement models→false analytics→wrong data for optimization efforts→failed marketing attribution→wasted marketing budget and low ROI.
4 Steps to Drive Traffic and Sales With Offline Media:
Integrate Appropriate Data Sets (Both Online and Offline)
Integrate data sets across online and offline channels and resort to analytics platforms to align both data sets.
Align with Unified Marketing Measurements
Incorporate a unified marketing measurement (UMM).
UMMs project the marketing campaigns from a comprehensive viewpoint, allowing marketers to understand engagement touchpoints’ performance and their current stage in the sales funnels.
Develop Measurements Modeling
To gather accurate insights, use measurement models to break down and align the bulk of data to individual engagement touchpoints.
Leverage Modern Marketing Analytics
Make use of marketing analytics platforms that can handle UMM, insights alignment, and measurements modeling. This ensures the productivity of the whole campaign and opportunities for optimization!
*Tips for direct mails for website traffic:
- Craft Personalized Copy
- Make Compelling Offers
- Build an Easy-To-Type URL
- Create Clickable CTAs
- Create a Welcoming Landing Page
If offline media advertising is the missing piece in your cohesive omnichannel marketing strategies, refer to these steps above to have a boost in your traffic and sales!